Goods/services prohibited at Vietnamese trade fairs and exhibitions
The following goods/services are prohibited from being demonstrated or showcased in trade fairs or exhibitions in Vietnam:
- Goods and/or services that are banned, subject to business restrictions, not yet authorized for distribution in accordance with the law;
- Goods and/or services provided by foreign traders which are prohibited to import in accordance with the law;
- Counterfeit goods or those which infringe intellectual property rights, except where these are presented for comparison with an authentic version.
Apart from the Commercial Law’s provisions on trade fairs and exhibitions, goods and/or services subject to specialized management must also comply with the regulations on specialized management of such goods and/or services.
Goods that are temporarily imported for a trade fair or exhibition in Vietnam must be re-exported within 30 days upon the conclusion of the trade fair or exhibition. Such temporarily import/export arrangements must comply with Vietnamese customs law as well as any other applicable laws and regulations.
Goods/services at overseas trade fairs and exhibitions
Any goods or services not prohibited from export by law may be featured in overseas trade fairs and exhibitions.
Goods and/or services prohibited from export may only be featured in overseas trade fairs and exhibitions when so authorized by the Prime Minister.
The time limit to re-import goods featured at overseas trade fairs and exhibitions is 1 year from the date of their temporarily export. If the goods are not re-imported within the prescribed limit, the exporter will face taxes and other financial obligations as provided for by Vietnamese law.
Any arrangements for the temporary export/re-import of goods for overseas trade fairs and exhibitions must comply with Vietnamese customs law as well as relevant regulations.
Featured Vietnamese goods and services may be sold or gifted at overseas trade fairs and exhibitions, except for the following cases:
- Goods prohibited from export but temporarily exported for overseas trade fairs and exhibitions may only be sold or gifted if authorized by the Prime Minister.
- Goods exported under state agency-issued permits may only be sold or gifted upon a written grant of approval by such state agency.
PLF - LAW FIRM
Learn more about our services